Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Small Changes Make a Big Difference Around the Home

I've been in my condo for about 1 1/2 years now. I have most of the 'big projects' done (with a few exceptions) so for the past year i've been making tiny changes in each room to give them updates. Here are a few i've done over the past year:



Some updates can make a big impact! I'm not much of a drinker but I must admit I have a bar where my dining table should be. Why you might ask? Well, why not! When I moved in I had no use for a dining table since I had space to sit and eat in my kitchen and I happened to have this bar back home just waiting for me to scoop it up and put it in my very own place. It's been the focal point of the few parties i've hosted here and more importantly it's Memphis's favorite hang out spot.


I had been on the search for a big, interesting mirror for behind the bar (instead of the placeholder band posters) and I finally found the perfect one at Homegoods. I. Love. Homegoods. I needed something to balance out the space behind the bar and add some extra workspace so a floating shelf was used under the mirror. To the right of the mirror is my flea market wooden Coca Cola crate filled with shot glasses...I have a very extensive shot glass collection!


The guest bathroom in my place has been a blank canvas for a looong time. The room is painted a brown suede color and accented with white. I needed some extra storage as well as something to decorate the wall - I found both of these things in a *discounted* wall mounted 3 level shelf from Urban Outfitters. I screwed it into the wall, filled it up with some vintage mason jars my Dad found for me. I absolutely love the overall look and is even useful showcasing all the toiletries my guests might need.


This past week I finally got my order of Instagram magnets in the mail from StickyGram a website that allows you to print your Instagram photos as magnets or even phone cases! I had purchased a few in the past but wanted to update my collection I had littering the fridge. And not to mention i'm on their mailing list and they had a great deal I couldn't pass up.

I printed out all kinds of pictures - some showcased my baking, others were pretty flower, and most showed off my amazing friends and family. I thought it only fitting to spell out LOVE with my magnets. I can't wait for some friends to come over so I can show off all my great memories in magnet form.

Good luck on your next mini home project! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment