Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Procrastination Station


It seems every week I find something outside of my usual routine and hobbies that I get fixated on. I procrastinate instead of getting chores done and daydream about new gadgets that have made it the market, new music I can't get out of my head or more often than not adorable animal videos that make my heart melt. I'd like to share all these weird, little things with you...welcome to the Procrastination Station.

Lake Street Dive



Based on the cover of their most recent album, Bad Self Portraits, I knew I would love this band. Lake Street Dive is an indie jazz and soul band that was founded in 2004 in Boston, MA. They're a few albums in now but I believe what got them buzzing on the internet was their sidewalk rendition of I Want You Back by Jackson 5. Give them a listen - try their most recent single Bad Self Portraits, you will not be disappointed!


Mac Mart Food Truck



Food Trucks have really blow up in the past few years and Philly is no exception. Last year at our annual Manayunk Food Festival there was a line of food trucks along Main Street but all I cared about was Mac Mart food truck. I'm a sucker for a good bowl of mac & cheese and I must say this truck delivers the goods. They have different takes on mac & cheese like the "Wit" Mac -a nod to Philadelphia cheesesteaks and Return of the Mac -a grilled mac & cheese sandwich! Crazy, I know...but crazy delicious. I follow them on Facebook now and get inundated with beautiful mac & cheese pics day after day...let's just say it's tough. As you can tell from my above instagram post, i'm obsessed.


Levenger Circa Notebooks



I've always been a bit of a stationary and office supplies nerd after working in a stationary shop during High School and for a while now i've been on the search for a customizable notebook to carry around with me to scribble notes in, keep as a planner, and make lists...lots and lots of lists. I've found everything i've ever wanted in the Circa Notebook from Levenger. Their system of notebooks, paper punches, paper refills, and accessories encourage flexibility and lets you organize projects to suit your needs. There is a Levenger store in Boston that i'm hoping to check out next time N and I are up there visiting his family!


Secret Agent Raccoons


Need a good laugh? Check out this Buzzfeed Article 16 Secret Agent Raccoons that showcases hilarious gifs of Racoons getting into trouble. I can't stop watching #8 and #15. Pretty sure my friends thing i'm crazy busting out in laugher at this article time and time again.


What's going on in your Procrastination Station?


No comments:

Post a Comment