Friday, March 21, 2014

Weight Watchers & Phillies 5K

This year I decided to take my New Years Resolutions seriously - how did I do this? I threw money at them! Just hear me out. My goals for this year were to get fit and feel better about myself. 

I knew the only way to do this was to eat right and exercise. I also knew that although it sounds easy it was going to be a very tough task to keep myself motivated. That's where the money comes in. I knew that without set goals with very real dates I would slack off and this year would be like all the years past where New Years Resolutions were made but never followed through on. 

With those thoughts in mind I paid up and joined Weight Watchers at Work -a ten week program in which I would be weighed in every Friday for 10 weeks. I also signed up for the Philadelphia Phillies Charity 5K which was set for mid March. I figured after paying to make these goals 'real' I just had to follow through on them. And guess what, I think I was right! 

It's been a couple months now of weigh ins and doing the Couch to 5K running program on my own time to get ready for the 5K. Of course I had some weeks where I lost no weight and where I slacked on the running but overall I made some great strides towards my major goals. I've officially lost 12 pounds and went from feeling like I would die after 1 minute of running to being able to run 10+ minutes straight and feeling great about it. 


UPDATE: 
The Phillies Charity 5K came and went and I couldn't be happier with my results!! My only goal was to run the 5K in under 40 minutes and I managed to run it in 39 minutes!! Not to mention I ran almost the ENTIRE thing! I've NEVER run 30 mins straight in my life but this past Saturday I did it. It felt amazing. And when I came back to work this week I was actually able to tell people I had fun...running...I had fun running. Who knew!? 




My next goal is to just try to run the 5K faster and sign up for more races. Look at me, i'm a runner. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment