Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip: Valentines Day edition

Can you believe tomorrow is already Valentines Day?? 2014 is seriously flying by. At work we decided to have a 'Dip Party' and since it was the week of Valentines Day I figured why not make a themed dip. Thanks to the blog Erica's Sweet Tooth I was able to find a great dessert dip. She made a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough dip....the only difference is her's was a Super Bowl theme and is shaped like a football. 

The only changes I made to her recipe were the shape - now a heart - and using Gluten Free All Purpose Flour instead of plain 'ole flour. 

I mixed the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then using a hand mixer blended the other ingredients together. I folded in the whip cream at the end which gives the dip a lighter, fluffier texture that's easier to scoop up with fruit or pretzels.
I put the cookie dough in the fridge for a bit before molding it into a heart.
I chopped up some chocolate baking melts to cover the dough with chocolate. I offered up apple slices, strawberries, gluten free pretzels and Nilla wafers as dippers..I would also suggest some graham crackers!

Overall the dip was a hit and everyone was seriously impressed with the presentation. And I must admit it was a pretty easy dish to put together. I would suggest making it for any occasion...and I would also definitely suggest having a Dip Party at work!



No comments:

Post a Comment