Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Baking: Chocolate Chip Cookie Helmets & Brownie Footballs

Super Bowl XLVIII is upon us! I've made it a habit of baking something for every Super Bowl party i've been to in the past few years. The past two years i've gone the easy route and made a football-cupcake-cake. I made them with store bought cake mixes and icing...funfetti of course!


This year it was time to try something new! After discussing option with my best baking bud, Emily, I was offered the use of her football and helmet shaped cookie cutters. I decided to make brownie footballs and chocolate chip cookie helmets.


I used a Ghirardelli brownie mix - cause it's delicious and easy and I ain't got all night. The chocolate chip cookies were made with a knock off Mrs. Fields cookie recipe found on the website Yum Sugar. They even offer a video of how to make the cookies and I must say it was really helpful. Try it next time you whip up a batch of chocolate chip cookies I swear you won't regret it.


The footballs needed their laces and of course I had to decorate the cookies with the team colors. It was hard to get the orange exact but I think they came out just fine. 


They were a hit!



No comments:

Post a Comment